Friday, October 14, 2011

Natural and All Feature: Kelley


Hello my name is Kelley also known on Facebook as Natural Hair Wear
My natural hair journey began a little something like thisI begin to have health problems with severe headaches.  I always had a different sense of style about myself and I thought about changing up my hair in the past. I wanted to try something new and different and did so with weaves and sew-ins. I had all types of hair styles. (Go to www.youtube/68RHsEFgDFg  or www.youtube/VYDe9engEFo to view)

I decided to go natural because prior to going natural, I found myself experiencing dizziness and severe headaches (mainly after my salon visits for perm retouches). I wanted to get to the bottom of why I was experiencing these dizzy spells. Well after doctor visits and a $600 cat scan that did not reveal any health issues (in which I am thankful) I figured it was the lye from the perms. So needless to say I decided to stop "lye-ing”.

One of the things that I really wanted to do was to embrace and promote wearing natural hair. What better way to say it loud than through our everyday dress and hence the birth of my natural hair t-shirt line www.naturalhairwear.com .

My friends and family were not surprised of my decision to go natural and as a result I carried on as normal. lol I actually gained a little more self confidence with my natural hair. Sort of like of sense of empowerment. My thoughts were “This is who I am like it or not”!

The goal for my hair is just to enjoy the journey and the diversity that natural hair brings. I have Sisterlocks and I am excited to see how long my hair will grow. I think about the days I use to play dress up as a little girl with the long towel on my head acting as if I had beautiful long hair. I think in due time my hair will be at the length I use to pretend to have.

If I were stranded on an island the products I just couldn’t live without are Shea Moisture and Pura Body Naturals because they make my hair thrive, smells good and makes my hair feel its best.

Throughout this journey I’ve learned that we possess gifts from God that are waiting to be opened only if we would just tap into them. I often thought about putting an S-Curl in my hair for the textured curly look. Once I stopped getting my hair permed and allowed my natural hair to grow out I noticed my hair was curly without the S-Curl! What a gift! I really had no clue that our hair was naturally curly and I thank God for this gift. What I wanted for my hair I had it all along. We can relate this story to many aspects of our lives. Too often we want bigger and/or better things, searching high and low and in various places to find them. Little do we know that if we just be still and listen, the things we are looking so hard for we already have.  We just need to take the time to nurture and blossom these self possessed gifts.

For more information on Kelley and Natural Hair Wear visit her on the web at www.naturalhairwear.com/products.html or like "Natural Hair Wear on Facebook.

If you would like to be featured or post any of your products on Natural & All please send your inquiries to iambondinc@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment