Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spotlight Feature- Leslie Wallace "All In His Plans"

Author Leslie Wallace 
Meet Leslie Wallace of South Carolina
Ms. Wallace is a light for those in a dark world. She is a daughter, sister, wife and mentor and motivational speaker.  She is the author of Changing Faces her first published book.  Leslie is also a licensed minster who has been sharing the gospel for over 8 years. She volunteers weekly at a homeless shelter and mentors to the women there. She also mentors and motivates several women within her church. Leslie along with her husband Karl founded His Plans Ministry which is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that helps displaced women and children get back on their feet.  She spends time sharing and encouraging others. Raised in Union South Carolina, Leslie obtained her BS from Limestone College and her Masters in Non-Profit from Capella University. Leslie’s passion is to help women know their true identity and worth through the word of God. This is her life’s goal to help others know and walk in their purpose.

Having spent years herself not knowing her true purpose and making many careless and countless mistakes, Leslie wants to help other women to not go down that same path. Her favorite scripture is Proverbs 3:5-6, this was the scripture that helped her through a rough divorce and that changed her life for the better.

My greatest accomplishment to date has been:
My greatest accomplishment to date is being able to see my first book Changing Faces
published and impact the lives of so many. This is far more than I could have ever dreamed. God has truly blessed the words that He allowed me to pen to the world. The message of love, hope, forgiveness, deliverance and restoration is freeing many from past pain and hurts. This is truly a humbling experience, to have God choose me to display His love through this book.

The most challenging thing I ever experienced has been:
To realize that I am worthy inspite of my mistakes and my past. To grow up without a father, to lose my older brother to a violent crime, to go through a terrible divorce and all the bad choices and decisions that I made. God still finds and calls me worthy. To know that I am Somebody, that there is a purpose and a plan for my life. I am not a mistake. I am not what others say I am, but I am who God says I am. To know that His love for me is genuine and real and that it will never change. This is the same love that I  have been called to share with others so that they can also experience the feeling of being  loved and worthy inspite of their past or current situations.

Most Valuable Lesson: 
There are so many, but if I had to list one, it would be the power of forgiveness.  This is a powerful tool if used correctly. I have learned that forgiveness is not for the other person, but it is for me. As long as I held on to unforgiveness the other person had control over me, they were controlling me and they didn’t even know it. Once I learned that my deliverance, and healing rested in this simple act, then I was able to move on and live a positive and productive life. This is a lesson that I try to practice daily, and share with others so that they can be free also. There is power in forgiveness.

Final Remarks:
It's truly humbling and an honor to be considered as a nominee in this awesome women's forum. I thank God for every step of this journey that has brought me to this point, and I pray that He continues to find me worthy to be used of Him to impact the lives of others for the better. 



More Recent Spotlight Features
"It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right"

******************************

BOND Inc Spotlight features ordinary African American women who are doing extra-ordinary things. If you or anyone you know would like to be featured, send your requests for more information to iambondinc@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment